Saturday 8 June 2013

FARE THEE WELL 25

First meetings usually warrant an introduction, allow me introduce 2013 which for me has begun today. I know for everyone else, it feels like they are born again on the first day of January, for me however, it's always the 9th of June. I consider the new year come and it officially begins for me on this very day.
         Its always emotional saying goodbye to anything you have done for so long and I guess that's what makes goodbyes' so hard and sad, which is why I would expect to bid 25 goodbye amidst tears, I mean, I am no longer counted in the young demographic of this nation. I am now an adult o_O! whatever that means!!!.
But in retrospect, it has been a rather wounding year. I have discovered things about myself i never imagined possible at least not in this lifetime and all have been brought to the light by friends and foe alike, one thing's for sure though,
"Never say Never" <<<<<< Lesson well learned.
Mistakes have been made, friends have been lost, some have been regained, there have also been pockets of blessings littered here and there. Eternally grateful about how it has all turned out though but I am sure you are all wondering, "What next?" now that I am a year older. How  about this for an answer, "I don't know"
I will be whoever I please this year as long as it's fine by God, I will go out and search for whatever shall safisfy the passion that's been born today and right now.
"George Bernard Shaw" one of the greatest play wrights that ever lived once said,
"Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating your self"

*Raises glass and says* Fare thee well 25
*Sips from it and smiles* 26, how  do you do?

Off to creating

4 comments:

  1. Smiles...

    Bwahahahahaha...
    Yay!! Yous NOT young!!

    Just like me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, been living on the old side for a few days and already I want to go back :'( Come back childhood, come back

      Delete